Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Caption/TV/Movies/Theatres

Oooh had a bit of frusteration the other nite! The Bachelor was on. I don't usually watch it, but friends said I should! So, I go to ABC, and check it out---lo and behold of all nights--no captioning!

There was nothign else on to watch. Captioning doesn't always work. So we miss shows for a variety of reasons. No captioning, or its messed up....---those of you who can hear, shld be greatful for your ears!

I never go to the theatres---because aroudn ehre there is no open captioning. We have a rearview captioned place in the city---but I've heard its horrible.

However, just for the special 3D effects---I took my kiddo and nephew to see Avatar. They're hearing so they got to enjoy the full benefits of the movie.
I on the otherhand....I wear glasses, so that was a bit of a struggle with glasses upon glasses. ha!

But it was fun! I enjoyed the 3D effects, it made it worth sitting through the movie! Tho i cannot wait till it comes out on DVD so I can understand what actually went on! I am not one who is satisfied with just an "idea". I gotta have the whole 9 yards!

Have you ever thought abt what it would eb like for you to sit through a movie---with the sound off? My guess is the hearing folk probably wouldn't even bother with anything that they couldn't hear!---I feel the same way! The 3D was an exception. :)

Well---here is to MarleeMatlin and NAD with great sucess in getting all online movies/streams CAPTIONED! (NAD-National Association of the Deaf) (for you hearing readers out there--and Marlee Matlin--deaf actress--tony award for the movie Children of a Lesser God--and an all around wonderful lady from what I can see on twitter!)

Until next time my dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment